Tufo - 700c Tubular Clincher Hi Comp
TUFO - 700C TUBULAR CLINCHER HI COMP
Application of composite puncture proof ply and high composite carbon tread compound made possible to use thinner tread and still maintain high mileage. The thinner tread also lowers rolling resistance while the tyre is maintaining ideal shock absorption properties and high puncture resistance.
How does the Tufo tubular clincher work?
When inflated, the tubular clincher, in the same way as a tubular, is pressed towards the rim. Simultaneously, the bead blocks of the profiled rubber band spread out embedding on the rim shoulders and eliminating any rotation of the tubular clincher against the rim as well as possibility of the tubular clincher unseating. The bottom profiled bead band does not function only as a filling in the area between the rim and the tubular clincher but also plays an active role. As the tubular clincher is inflated, the band sides literally “bite” into the rim shoulders.
- high inflation pressures – up to 15 bars (220 psi) without any damage to the rim walls, even in a case when the rim manufacturer specifies lower inflation pressures (the pressure is contained inside the tubular clincher and does not affect the rim walls)
- same riding quality as with tubulars
- safe handling in case of punctures, the stability of a rider is not affected
- in case of emergency, the tubular clincher can be ridden flat
- the fastest and easiest installation and dismantling without any tools